Temperatures are definitely getting cooler as we near the end of November and when it’s cold outside, here at Tranquilla Cove we want to be warm on the inside! This is one of my go to beverages on cold mornings. The Nutmeg and Cinnamon add to the warmth of this creamy hot chocolate. There are times when reinforcements are needed and that’s when we add ‘the remedy’ for an additional boost.
Try it out, cheers!
- 1 tablespoonsSugar
- 1 tablespoonsPowdered Ghirardelli Cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoonsFreshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoonsGround Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoonsCream or Half & Half
- 1 cupsHot Water
- 1 to tastesJameson Whiskey or Kahlua
- 1 tablespoonsWhipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 pinchsShaved Dark Chocolate
- 1 In a mug, add sugar, powdered Ghirardelli Cocoa, Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Cream.
- 2 Stir together to create a creamy ‘slurry’.
- 3 Add hot water, stir well.
- 4 Top with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream and shave Dark Chocolate over top.
- 5 Optional: Add your favorite spirits after adding the hot water and then use toppings.