A Cove Cuisine Soup & Stew
Okra and Tomato Stew
A tasty, Southern dish, full of flavor, from the garden to the farm
Soups & Stews
- 1 tablespoons Peanut Oil, for frying
- 1/4 pounds Bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoons Butter
- 1 mediums Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 wholes Corn, cut off the cob
- 1 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 4 cups Tomatoes, diced, peeled and cored
- 1 cups Water
- 1 tablespoons Chicken base
- 4 cups Okra, sliced
- 1 freshs Datil Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 to tastes Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice, steamed
- 1 In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add bacon, butter, onion, green pepper and garlic. Saute until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent.
- 2 Add seasoned salt, garlic powder, tomatoes, water, chicken base and okra. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3 Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.