A Cove Cuisine Soup & Stew
Creamy, comforting and flavorful...a hearty use of Mushrooms
Soups & Stews
- 1/4 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 larges Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pounds Mixed Mushrooms, (cremini, oyster, shiitake) chopped
- 1/2 cups Marsala Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cups Heavy Cream
- 5 freshs Basil, Sweet, chopped
- 1/4 cups Parsely, chopped
- 3/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 n a large skillet heat the oil. When almost smoking, add the onions and garlic over medium-low heat until the onions have wilted, about 8 minutes.
- 2 Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and saute until mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
- 3 Remove pan from heat and pour in Marsala. Return pan to stove and allow wine to evaporate, about 3 minutes.
- 4 Add chicken broth and simmer for 1/2 hour until the sauce has reduced by half. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- 5 Take the pan off the heat and add the fresh herbs and Parmesan and mix thoroughly.