A Cove Cuisine Soup & Stew
Carrot Ginger Soup
Nutritious, tasty, hearty and has a light kick...
Soups & Stews
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cups White Onion, chopped
- 4 cups Carrots, chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cups Orange juice
- 1 2/3 tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 14 oz cans Coconut Milk
- 1 to tastes Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Add the carrots, broth, orange juice, ginger, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3 Remove from the heat. Puree with immersion blender or food processor, until very smooth.
- 4 Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- 5 Reheat the soup over medium heat until hot. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.