A Cove Cuisine Main Dish
Pan Seared Tuna
Light, flavorful and very tasty for the main course or an appetizer
Appetizers Main Dishes
- 1 teaspoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1 wholes Datil Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoons Ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 cloves Garlic, grated
- 1 wholes Lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 pinchs Brown Sugar
- 2 wholes Green Onions
- 1 to tastes Sea Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cups Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 6 ouncess Sushi quality Tuna Steak
- 1 freshs Avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, Datil, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- 2 Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
- 3 Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
- 4 Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.