A Cove Cuisine Main Dish
Mussels in a Coconut Ginger and Lemongrass Broth
Inexpensive, spicy, flavorful and fun to eat
- 1 quarts Shrimp Stock
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, minced
- 1 stalks Lemongrass, sliced longwise
- 1/4 cups Ginger, scrapped, julienned
- 6 leafs Kefir Lime Leaves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sugar, Light Brown
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 14 ouncess Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 pounds Mussels
- 1/4 cups Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Onions, minced
- 1 Place all of the ingredients except mussels, cilantro, and green onions in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2 Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 3 Strain and return to the pot. Bring to a boil, add the mussels and cook until the they are opened, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and green onions, and serve.