A Cove Cuisine Main Dish
Just the right flavors, warmth...definitely good eats.
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Oregano Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 bunchs Fresh Basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 pounds Fresh Mozzarella, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cups Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 In a large bowl dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in 1 cup warm water. Add 2 quarts cold water. Set aside.
- 2 Slice the eggplant into 1/2" slices and put the slices in the salt water, weigh them down with an upside-down plate, and let sit 30 minutes.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 450°
- 4 Drain the eggplant and pat dry with a paper towel, lightly season each slice with salt and pepper and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- 5 Bake the eggplant at 450 degrees F until the slices begin turning light brown on top, about 12-15 minutes. Remove the eggplants from the oven. Remove the slices from the baking sheet and place them on a plate to cool.
- 6 Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In an 8 by 12-inch casserol pan, place the eggplant , evenly spaced. Brush each side of the slices with garlic oregano infused Olive oil, spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and sprinkle with a teaspoon of basil. Place one slice of mozzarella over each and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan.
- 7 Sprinkle Italian seasoned bread crumbs over the top of the eggplant, and bake uncovered until the cheese melts and lightly browns, about 20 minutes. Topped with Basil chiffonade.