A Tranquilla Cove Healing Tonic
A well known folk remedy to boost the immune system.
- 1/2 cups Ginger Root
- 1/2 cups Turmeric, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cups Horseradish Root, grated
- 1 mediums Onion, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 wholes Datil Peppers, chopped
- 1 freshs Lemon, Zest and Juice
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary leaves, dried
- 2 tablespoons Thyme Leaves, dried
- 1/4 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper, ground
- 1 quarts Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cups Raw Honey
- 1 Prepare your roots, fruits, and herbs and place them in a quart-sized glass jar. If you've never grated fresh horseradish, be prepared for a powerful sinus-opening experience!
- 2 Pour the apple cider vinegar in the jar until all of the ingredients are covered and the vinegar reaches the jar's top.
- 3 Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or a plastic lid if you have one. Shake well.
- 4 Store in a cabinet or on the counter to remember to shake daily.
- 5 After one month, use cheesecloth to strain out the pulp, pouring the vinegar into a clean jar.
- 6 Add Honey and stir until incorporated. Taste your cider and add more honey until you reach the desired sweetness.
- 7 Dosage: 1 - 2 tbs in the Fall and Winter months, as needed.