Cove Dips, Spreads & Sauces
Green Curry Mango Sauce
This is an amazing sauce...tangy, spicy and refreshing...
Dips, Spreads & Sauces
- 1/2 cups Canola Oil
- 1 wholes Red Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons Ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 wholes Datil Pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Curry Paste
- 3 freshs Ripe Mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoons Honey
- 1 to tastes Salt, Freshly ground Pepper
- 1 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2 Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Add garlic, ginger, and serrano chile and cook for 1 minute.
- 4 Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5 Add mangoes and water, stir well, and cook until the mango is soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender
- 6 Add the lime juice, cilantro, and honey and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup oil and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 7 Cook's Note: When blending hot liquids, remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release 1 corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times, and then process on high speed until smooth.