Cove Cuisine Breads & Bakery
Cove Pizza Dough
A great, flexible dough with delicious flavor!
Breads & Bakery
- 550 grams Bread Flour
- 2 8/100 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 1/10 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 2 7/100 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 11 68/100 ouncess Water, 110°
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Garlic-Oregano Oil
- 1 Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup water. Add sugar and let bloom for 15 minutes. Pour in remaining water, salt. Mix in a stand-mixer with a bread hook. Incorporate flour little by little, then knead on high speed for about 15 minutes. Add the oil and mix until incorporated.
- 2 Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand until smooth ball is formed. The finished dough should be smooth, a little sticky, and you should be able to stretch it out thin enough to see light through it without it tearing. Split into two even portions, and roll into balls. Let rise, covered, in the refrigerator overnight (2 or 3 nights works, too).
- 3 Remove dough balls from the refrigerator and let warm for about 2 hours. Place ball on a floured surface and lay your pizza peel on top of the dough and press down–putting your weight into it–until you have a round pancake about eight inches wide. Place dough in a bowl of flour to flour each side to be easier to handle. Begin pushing air bubbles out with right hand while turning and forming the crust with the left.
- 4 Pick up dough and stretch, using both hands, the right to stretch, the left to guide until dough is the determined size. Spread a thin layer of cornmeal on your pizza peel and lay out the dough on top.