Cove Cuisine Breads & Bakery
This can be made in a cast iron skillet or in individual muffins pans
Breads & Bakery
- 1 sticks Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 freshs Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cups Cornmeal, yellow
- 1 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rosemary, freshly chopped
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and place a 9-inch cast iron skillet inside to heat while you make the batter.
- 2 n a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 3 Whisk in the buttermilk, and eggs.
- 4 Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the bottom and sides of the hot skillet with the butter. Pour the batter into the skillet and place it in the center of the oven.
- 5 Bake until the center is firm and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and serve.