A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
Spicy Pickled Okra
Enjoy your summer Okra harvest throughout the year.Cove Cuisine spicy pickled okra recipe has the zest and punch you are looking for.! A perfect snack and a great addition to The Cove Cuisine Bloody Mary!
- 2 pounds Okra, fresh young
- 10 wholes Datil Peppers, slightly cut
- 5 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 5 teaspoons Mustard Seed
- 5 teaspoons Dill Seed
- 1 quarts White Vinegar
- 1/2 cups Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Wash okra under cold running water. Trim stem ends of okra, leaving at least 1/3-inch of the cap intact. Soak okra in ice water for 1 hour, drain, and pat dry.
- 2 Divide peppers, garlic cloves, mustard and dill seeds evenly between jars.
- 3 In a large pot, bring vinegar, salt, garlic and sugar to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4 Pour hot pickling liquid over the okra by at least 1/4-inch, but leave at least 1/2-inch from the jar rims.
- 5 Stir to remove air bubbles in jars, wipe rims clean, and firmly cover jars with lids and screw bands.
- 6 Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- 7 Remove jars from water and cool. Jars should seal as they cool.
- 8 Allow pickles to mature at least 2 weeks before consuming.