A Cove Cuisine Appetizer and Salad
Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
Popularized in South America and the Caribbean, this marinated Seafood dish is refreshing, tasty, light and bright...always a pleasant addition at Cove Cuisine...
- 1/2 pounds Shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 pounds Scallops
- 8 mediums Limes, juiced to cover
- 1 cups Tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 1 mediums Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons Datil Pepper Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoons Oregano, fresh
- 1 wholes Datil Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 mediums Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 wholes Sweet Bay Leaves
- 1 dashs Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons Cumin, toasted, ground
- 1/4 cups Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 bunchs Lettuce, mixed ( to line serving bowls )
- 1 freshs Avocado, Sliced
- 1 Dice the fish (approximately 1/2-inch dice if using shrimp use cleaned shrimp).
- 2 Marinate fish in the lime/orange juice in the fridge for 2 hours Stir often.
- 3 Pour off most of the lime juice (just leave it moist).
- 4 Add remaining ingredients except lettuce and avocado. Do this preferably a few hours before serving & refrigerate.
- 5 Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls that are lined with the lettuce leaves.