A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
Pan Seared Tuna
These marinated tuna steaks, served rare, are savory, refreshing and delicious!
- 1 teaspoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 wholes Datil Pepper, halfed, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoons Ginger, grated
- 1 cloves Garlic, grated
- 1 mediums Lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 pinchs Sugar
- 2 freshs Green Onions
- 1 to tastes Koshar Salt, Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cups Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 6 ouncess Sushi Quality Tuna
- 1 wholes Avocado, peeled, pittd and sliced
- 1 In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- 2 Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.