A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
We love our Alligator bites when we are out on the town and when at home, they are easy to prepare and add another dimension to our Cove Cuisine!
- 1 pounds Alligator meat, cut into chunks
- 1 to tastes Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 cups Fish Batter
- 1 pints Peanut Oil
- 1 pints Buttermilk, for marinating
- 1 cups Dippings Sauces, i.e. Cocktail Sauce, Swamp Sauce, Ranch Dressing
- 1 Marinate the Gator in Buttermilk for 2 - 24 hours to tenderize
- 2 Fill a deep pot halfway full with oil. Heat to 360 degrees F.
- 3 Coat the alligator meat with the fish batter. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until gator floats in oil.
- 4 Remove and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 Serve as an appetizer with remoulade sauce, mustard sauce, or cocktail sauce for dipping.