A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
Eggplant Parmesan Bites
A delicious way to enjoy eggplant! Cheesy and full of flavor, great for dipping in your favorite Marinara Sauce!
- 3 mediums Eggplant, Ichiban Style, thinly sliced
- 1 to tastes Kosher Salt
- 8 mediums Basil leaves, chopped
- 15 ouncess Ricotta Cheese, drained of moisture
- 1 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- 4 mediums Eggs, beaten divided
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 quarts Peanut Oil, for frying
- 1 pints Marinara Sauce for dipping
- 1 Slice the eggplant and lay out on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- 2 Generously salt the eggplant on both sides and leave to sit for 30 minutes to soften and draw out excess moisture.
- 3 In a medium mixing bowl add the basil, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, and one egg (beaten). Mix together.
- 4 Blot off the water and excess salt from the eggplant with additional paper towels.
- 5 Picking two equal sized eggplant slices, sandwich about a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture between the slices and place on a wax paper lined baking tray.
- 6 Freeze for 30 minutes to one hour.
- 7 In three separate bowls, place the flour, bread crumbs, and the remaining three eggs, beaten.
- 8 Remove eggplant from the freezer and coat each first in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Coat once more in egg and a final time in the bread crumbs. Place back in the freezer while you prepare to fry.
- 9 In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry eggplant in batches, three at a time, until nicely browned on all sides.
- 10 Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- 11 Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!