A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
Dragos Style Charbroiled Oysters
From Drago's Seafood Restaurant in New Orleans. Make sure to start with freshly shucked oysters and an outdoor grill. Once you start eating these you won't want to stop!
- 8 tablespoons Soft, unsalted butter
- 1 pinchs Koshar Salt
- 1 teaspoons Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Pecorino Romano
- 1 pinchs Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinchs White Pepper
- 1 to tastes Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoons Parsley, minced
- 12 larges Large freshly shucked Oysters on the half shell (preferrably Louisiana)
- 1 loafs Fresh Bread
- 12 slices Lemon Wedges
- 1 Heat a charcoal or gas grill until very, very hot. Place the oysters on the hottest spot on the grill and let them cook in their own juices for a few minutes, just until they start to bubble and the edges curl.
- 2 Top each with a generous portion of the sauce, enough to fill up the shell. When the sauce starts to bubble and sizzle sprinkle each oyster with about a Tbsp of Pecorino Romano. Let the Oysters go until the sauce on the edges of the shells gets nice and brown. Garnish with minced Parsley.
- 3 Serve while still sizzling with Lemon wedges and fresh bread.
- 4 The Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients.