This is a classic Italian appetizer capturing the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil...
- 1/4 cups Butter, softened
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 slices French Bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Basil Pesto
- 6 slices Roma Tomato, sliced 1/4"
- 1 handfuls Basil, juliened
- 1 Mix butter with garlic and garlic powder.
- 2 Spread butter mixture over bread slices.
- 3 Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of bread.
- 4 Place a slice of tomato on each slice of mozzarella.
- 5 Spread 1/2 Tbs. of Pesto over each slice of tomato.
- 6 Place bread on a cookie sheet and bake in a 500 degree oven for 4 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- 7 Sprinkle basil over top.