Time for an overdue update on the Homestead!
- January brought more rains bringing our lake level back up to the high water mark.
- As of February 11th 2019 we have yet to have temperatures below 35° here at The Cove.
- Hens are doing well, no more critter incidences.
- The fall garden is very late and unproductive and we are now getting prepared for Spring.
- Azaleas blooming Feb 1, Yellow Jasmine ,Red Bud, Chickasaw Plums in bloom-12th
An update on our backyard terrace project
It has now been exactly two years since beginning our backyard terrace project. After filling both terraces continually for two years, both have composted down to the 1/2 way mark. We are deciding to go another year or go ahead and begin planting now and continue to add much to raise the levels. See the comparison below…
Notice the water level has come up quite a bit in two years!